[PLUG] Installation of linux

Ananth A writetoananth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 21:52:52 IST 2006

On 4/19/06, Nikhil <nikhilkaleus at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>  I have some quary regarding the linux installation.
>
> 1. Can I use the bootable floppy for any type distro?

you can boot linux from floppies but you would most probably need a
cdrom to install all the remaining files.   in most cases, the
floppies are used to just start the installation and continue from the
cdrom.  this is a very old method and hardly useful when you can boot
directly from the cd itself.

which distro are you planning to use ?? perhaps their website has an
faq about the specific details. each distro is quite different.

> 2. Can I make the pen drive bootable to install the linux?
you can make the pendrive bootable.

there are some tiny distros like puppylinux etc which is <100mb which
could be installed on a pen drive...

> 3. How I can install linux from *.iso files?
easiest way would be to burn the iso images to a regular cdrom and
then boot from the cd.

Regards,
Ananth