[PLUG] Re: Problem during Mandriva Linux 2006 installation

Shantanoo Mahajan shantanoo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 10:49:54 IST 2006

+++ vaibhav nipunage [PLUG] [20-04-06 02:00 +0530]:
| Hi,
|
| I have Mandriva Linux 2006. But while installing it on my computer my SATA
| HDD is not detected. It give error like "no hard drive found" . So is there
| is support for SATA in Mandriva Linux 2006?
| My computer spec is AMD 64bit processor, ASUS A8N-SLI Delux with nVidia
| chipset, Seagate SATA HDD.
|
| Please help me.

AFAIK, most distros don't have SATA module comipled in the kernel
which come with the installer of that distro. You need to compile the
SATA support once you install the OS. I think FC5 supports SATA during
installation. Please cross verify before you decide to shift to FC5.

Shantanoo
--
Don't get drunk at the company Christmas party.