[PLUG] Need your help on VM.

Aditya Laghate laghatea at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:34:56 IST 2006

On 12/4/06, Nikhil Kale <nikhilrkale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> One of my friend in UK is looking for some help on VM  Installation.
> He has  successfully installed Kubuntu Linux and tried to install VMWare's
> server but failed to install it. He has little knowledge about Linux which
> added to his frustration

Read ur problem.

I dont think xen is u r solution, as xen only works for linux os and
cannot host a windows guest. I may be wrong u shall need to check.

You can use QEMU, i have been using windows guest os on kbuntu for the
last couple of days. It is really good.

http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/

make sure u have RAM anywhere near 1GB+ as the systems tends to be
pathetically slow. I have 768MB on my laptop and windows is too slow
to do any development or play games!

Cheers
Aditya