[PLUG] C/C++ IDE for *inux systems?

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 09:48:11 IST 2006

> I agree that it is worth learning. I only object to people who decry the
> alternatives especially without trying them out enough.

I agree. I have to say, I have tried Anjuta and it is really quite good. Its
just that I prefer using (g)vim and emacs over Anjuta.

Vi is good but it has limitations. One should know it for sure. You will
> find
> it in almost all unix installations, while same cannot be said about
> emacs.

Yes. But personally, I find emacs CC-mode better than vim.

And for beginners I think pico is better than vi. It is almost always there,
> at least on linux and has a on screen menubar for helping out. Not to
> mention
> that it is an editor, not an IDE.

Hmm...I have never used pico for writing code. I should give it a shot.

Kaustubh

--
Kaustubh Gadkari
kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com