[PLUG] open source projects

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 10:47:27 IST 2006

On 12/21/06, YAGNESH N DESAI <ynd at hzw.ltindia.com> wrote:
> Surly friends OpenSource is currently in demand
> but most of the industry in and around Surat is not using it.
> Like "L&T", "RIL", "Essar" are on M$ while
> "Torrent power" is on Unix. (I am yet to see an Enterprise
> on OpenSource I hardly found a user)

Thats not what the whole point is about. Its not about who uses open
source internally. A company is not going to look at open source
contributions from prospective employees and college students so that
they can effectively check their company mail on Unix.
The question is whether they can make _more_ money by offering
services and/or products based on open source software. The answer to
that is very big, emphatic YES.

--
aditya