[PLUG] Re: Unable to use the root account in FC5

Shantanoo Mahajan shantanoo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 01:13:38 IST 2006

+++ ?????????????????? ?????????????????? ?????????????????? [PLUG] [21-07-06 11:41 +0530]:
| On Friday 21 July 2006 11:25, Prateek Tandon wrote:
| Boot into console mode and see if you can log in as root. If you can, then
| problem is with X login with root account. Try startx >log.err 2>&1 and see
| what errors turn up.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log maybe helpful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel

| > And, are there viruses on the
| > Linux platform, because SUSE Desktop Linux 10.1 has a built in
| > antivirus?
|
| May be it is for scanning mails for windows viruses when the installation acts
| as mail server. There are no known and wide-spread viruses in linux. There
| are security vulnerabilities and patches but no viruses.

Also linux supports SMB. One can use samba for fileserver for windows
clients. And later can use antivirus for scanning files.

--
Brain, n.  An apparatus with which we think that we think.  ~Ambrose
Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary