[PLUG] Suggestions for Wireless router

Santosh Dawara sdawara at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 10:39:34 IST 2006

 > I'm looking for suggestions regarding which Wireless Router I should
 > purchase ? (Cost/upside/downside)

I am using a Netgear Router with my Iqara connection.

I recommend Linksys and Netgear for the best value, in that order.

 > I want enough signal strength such that I can access the conneciton from
 > other room (w/o line of site)

My Netgear router does provide a strong enough connection .

This is only anecdotal, but it appears that one RCC wall cuts out about
50% of the signal strength on my Netgear. My Linksys router on the other
hand (WRT54G) appears to be a lot stronger.

Your mileage may vary - so do test your hardware.

 > I wish to setup secure connection, such that my neighbours should not
'ride'
 > on to my connection.

I am using WPA - works well with Linux & Windows XP SP2

- Santosh

--
Santosh Dawara
+91 98608-36972