Fw: [PLUG] Linux TV Tuner

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Tue Jun 27 19:14:35 IST 2006

> > system. (I recollect it was a pain on systems with 2.4.x kernels and I
> > had given up that time.)

> Not much, works out of the box, but be sure you have a hammer
> OR a wall next to you (for banging your head) as you will need

Precisely. The card works out of box and does not really need wall or hammer.

I was referring to getting Remote Control work on Redhat 9. I had tried this
over a year back and also managed to get some output from the device on
keypress. But it wasn't working consistently. All the help on web related to
lirc was available for 2.6.x. I recollect the gist of my web search was that
it is lot easier to set up this on 2.6.x kernels.

If you have managed to get lirc work on 2.4.x based distro, that's great.

Answering another question on the thread: it costed Rs 1850 that time.

Mayuresh.