[PLUG] help

"Prachand Kaal (^ýL¯S Gëg)" prachand.kaal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 23:29:15 IST 2006

Sudhir Sabade wrote:
> I am working on P III 1 GHz machine with RH 9. System
> was working fine. but when i started today it gave
> following  message  and stopped booting
>
> cannot execute /etc/rc.d
> INIT:ID "1" respawning too fast : disabled for 5
> minutes
> this message is repeated for all 6 run levels and
> last
> it says no more ron levels left in this process and
> halts.
> can anybody help?
>
> sudhir

Hi,
Seems you are having a corrupted FS, any chance that your system got
shut down abruptly without proper shutdown sequence ?
Anyway if you wanna play with it then have some rescue disk and boot
from it. Run e2fsck and see what it says, now if FS corruption is not
the case then would you please post your /etc/inittab and check the
/etc/rc.d/* tree and its contents.

believed to be clean.