[PLUG] NIC on Linux

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Tue Mar 21 08:56:34 IST 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 07:39, रणजित भोसले wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 10:26 +0530, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> > On Sunday 19 March 2006 16:50, रणजित भोसले wrote:
> > > I can see that your nic is working.
> > > Can you tell me what make, where bought, how much.
> >
> > It is a via-Rhine card, onboard a Via K8M800 motherboard.
>
> That is very difficult. I mean I am not doing an upgrade.
> Any way Sujata guy was very helpful. Has promised to get
> a d-link 538TX for me. Alternately will a intex usb2.0
> card work as a dataone interface or is it not possible.

I was not suggesting that you upgrade. I was just mentioning what card I have.
FWIW, I didn't check the linux compatibility of the mobo before buying it
because most of the time it works.

Does everything work? No. I still have problem with video. I am running a vesa
framebuffer X here. The native card is being investigated(
VIA Technologies, Inc. S3 Unichrome Pro VGA Adapter) is what I found out but
vesa is sufficient in performance for regular desktop at 16 bits. Only GL
things are slow.

 Shridhar