[PLUG] please suggest how and where to start...

Arindam arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 18:17:56 IST 2006

On 11/7/06, Prateek Tandon <smilingindian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 Nov 2006 07:53:33 -0000, chaitanya Ralegaonkar <
> ralegaonkar_chaitanya at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am a kernel newbie currently searching a job in Linux as a programmer. I
> > am currently pursuing M.E. from V.I.T.,Pune. I wanted to know where
> > and  how should I search job in this area. AFAIK mostly one should have 2+
> > years of experience to work in kernel programming area.

There are people who are taken in as freshers and asked to move
straight into kernel programming. Depends on your knowledge. Try
Symantec - there is a fair amount or requirement.

Also, for reading up Linux Kernel, try one of the more recent books
that have come to the marker:

1. Linux Kernel Primer ( Claudia Salzberger - easier to read - pretty good )
2. Linux kernel Development - Robert Love
3. Also - Linux Device Drivers - Corbett, Rubini

- and of course, kernelnewbies.org and kernel.org.

> > So can any one please suggest me companies where I can apply as a fresher.
> > I am sorry if I had broke rules regarding posting on the mailing list.
> >
> > Check out www.kernelnewbies.org. There, they have some advice for people
> > who are freshers in this area. They recommend that if you don't get a job as
> > a programmer, then get one as a system admin.
> >
> > Thank you all,
> >
> > You are welcome,
>

>    Prateek Tandon.
>
> --

Against stupidity, the very Gods themselves contend in vain --
Friedrich Schiller