[PLUG] Can we file PIL (Public Interest Litigation)

YAGNESH N DESAI ynd at hzw.ltindia.com
Tue Nov 14 16:42:02 IST 2006

Cool I like it, so many point of views.

I might compile them with my Point of view:

1. Demands decides what is avaialbe. - Truly speaking Pirated Windows is what is in Demand
2. Company sells hardware while drivers are "courtesy" - I cannot cope with it
I buy a car while stearing comes as a "courtesy" I am sure I paid for it ?
3. Linux drivers are not available in Market . . hence not shiped with hardware. -
While my cam/MP3 Player started with linux out of box. I would here want the seller
say these are Linux Competible.
4. IBM will develop drivers for linux for their hardware. I would say if they have issue
in publishing the specification they can write drivers for themself.
5. Against point 3 Manufacturer might not intentionaly right the driver which are inefficient on
LINUX. - Catch addressed by Sridhar.
6. It becomes egg and chichken story for user. Unless you try hardware on Linux you do not know
if it will works. By the time you know it does not you already have an arteffect in you study.

By the time I press send button Raseel Bhagat is stuck with Hathaway. . .
(Wonder if the windows installation was genuine or pirated the Service provider would not
have even asked .

I hope something might come up out of this.

Yagnesh