[PLUG] Hathway Broadband not working

Raseel Bhagat raseelbhagat at rediffmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:30:07 IST 2006

Hi Nikhil,

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 Nikhil Kale wrote :
>    Can you just tell me in your windows all the IP, DNS, Gateways >configured to the LAN card itself?

Yes !!

>If yes then their is little bit long process to connect Internet with >Linux. You need to configure the DSL modem in the ubantu / kubantu
> Linux and then it will be working.

Its NOT a DSL modem. Its a cable modem. And it is connected to my LAN card. So as far as my system is considered it should be transparent.

In fact, the ADSL router (Huawei's) , given by MTNL for its triband connection, did NOT pose any problem for me and I was surfing the net seamlessly within 10 mins of connecting to it.