[PLUG] DSL modem

Nikhil Kale nikhilrkale at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 14:17:03 IST 2006

Hello All,

 For the modem connected through the ethernet not need to change any file or not needed the recompilation of kernel.
       I just configured the DSL modem using Yast (for Suse 10.1 ), fill the required details....(DNS IP Address, username password) and reboot my system. Hope so same process will work with the redhat linux 9.0

 Regards,
 Nikhil

Kaustubh Gadkari <kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com> wrote: >

> the DSL modem which I got from the TATA Indicom Broadband is connected
> through the ethernet card to my system. On it no mdel number is mentioned, I
> will try to enquire about this with TATA Indicom....

Then this might be a DSL router. Do you have a static ip? If so, just set up
the ip on your ethernet device.

man ifconfig

Kaustubh

--