[PLUG] Best Linux for Desktop Users

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 19:40:03 IST 2006

Hi,

> I am using FC4 for my desktop. I want to stop using
> my windows at home.
Ok.

> Can any one tell me which is the best desktop distro
> where I can watch TV
> using internal TV tuner card and play multimedia
> applications and games.

It depends a bit upon the Internet connection speed
that you have. If you have a good broadband connection
with no limits on download, I would recommend
Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Mepis

If you don't have a good net connection, then go in
for Suse/Mandriva.

Its difficult to exactly pinpoint a distribution, but
if you have the time, experiment a bit with each of
them.

HTH,
Devendra Laulkar.