[PLUG] DSL modem

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 12:12:57 IST 2006

On 9/13/06, Arindam <arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Which is the static configuration? Does Tata Indicom give you static
> > > IPs. As far as I know no ISP in India does that.
> >

> > Isn't this a bold statement to make ?  (without checking facts)
> > Check
> >
> http://www.tataindicombroadband.in/access/postpaid/order/tariff-post.html
> > It says on top of the page that they provide free static IP with every
> > connection.
>
> Yes it's a very very bold statement to make. So what's your problem?

Did I say I had problem ? I am glad you agree that  making statement about all
the ISPs in India w/o checking facts about even the ISP in discussion was
bold. I got no problem with that :)

My concern is that when someone makes such statement (with such a
confiedence) on wildly popular mailing list like this one, LOT of people
(LOT != ALL) take this as FACT (ignoring the AFAIK part of the statement)
This is how misinformation spreads.

-DP

--
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/