[PLUG] ubuntu configuration for net

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 23:47:30 IST 2006

On 9/18/06, Rupesh Mazumdar <rurisa2001 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I cannot access net using Ubuntu live cd as Ubuntu is not detecting my
> network connection.
> I could browse using Knoppix live cd.
> I tried to configure manually without success.
> Can somebody help me?

What kind of net connection do you have? How do you connect the modem to the
computer? Please post the details.

Further in Ubuntu desktop there is an Icon named Install.
> While I am using live cd, will clicking Install button, install Ubuntu in
> my Hard disc or the installation will be temporary?

The icon starts the Ubuntu installer, which installs Ubuntu on your hard
drive. I am not sure what you mean by a temporary install.

--
Kaustubh Gadkari
kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com