[PLUG] FreeDOS on Dell Inspiron 1501

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 17:55:13 IST 2007

On 4/16/07, ॐ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your patience with the wording of this message.  Any flames
> and comments are welcome, with a caution that I may prefer to ignore
> them :-)

I couldn't just get the timeline here.  You have bought it recently, right?
So the 3-4 years mean you have been using Mandriva since then?  Which
version, on what?

If you have bought a mainstream laptop, I wonder why you had issues with
Mandriva 64 bit.  And why CDs?

HCL now sells notebooks (8008 is the series) with Ubuntu 6.06 preinstalled.
I had seen them twice at Baba Computers (East Street), yours for about
Rs.42,000
with very decent specifications.  Almost bought one, but in the meantime
employer gave me an XP Lenovo R60, so the dream remains unfulfilled.