[PLUG] LILO

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:56:16 IST 2007

On 4/18/07, ॐ <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mandiva was the distribution, known to me atleast, loyal to LILO, till
> now, but now I find Manriva 2007 x86_64 installs GRUB by default.

I like GRUB.  My initial experience with LILO (circa 2002, PCQLinux 7?) was
not that good.  Never had problems with GRUB (I think).

By the way, is this a discussion thread or for general information?  In the
latter case, I take this opportunity to announce that I am going to switch
to right-handed DVORAK on my laptop, on a trial basis.  On XP, once you
locate the settings in the Control Panel, you have to press Left ALT + Left
SHIFT to switch between keyboard layouts.

How do you achieve this under FC6 and Mandriva 2007 reliably, i.e. the
layouts only changing when you want to change them, and not automagically?