[PLUG] Booting Problem in Mepis: Distribution selection

Vikas Garud vikas at techqual.com
Wed Apr 18 16:28:16 IST 2007

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 16:11, ॐ wrote:
> Basically there is not much point in switching distributions but
> amount of *specific* help you get may vary depending on userbase in
> the vicinity (I mean LUG) for distribution of you choice.

I agree.  Fortunately, with internet, the userbase that can help you is spread
across the globe.  Sometime back, if I recollect correct, there was a thread
on PLUG about somebody from Germany.

> I am on Mandriva for a good reason that it works for me even now, when I
have gone from power user to dumb user :-)

That is the reason I am sticking with SuSE for now on Laptop, which is my main
workstation.  And Mepis did offer good collection of entertainment options,
better than Mandriva, which I was using till about a year and half ago.

> Had I got ubuntu CD with me, I might have tried it with Laptop.  But
> the ubuntu I saw last time did not install KMail which is my favourite
> of few years.

You need Kubuntu for that.  Kubuntu is Ubuntu with KDE.  Incidentally, KMail
is favourite with me as well.  I have used it with Mandriva, SuSe and also
with Mepis.  If you need, I do have Kubuntu CD and can make a copy.

Regards
Vikas Garud