[PLUG] http://badvista.fsf.org

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:26:44 IST 2007

On 4/20/07, A G <subscrive at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> While I agree that the above points 'may' occure, it
> would be better if some hard examples are given. Else
> the credentials of the accuser gets a dent.

This is a distinct possibility.  Vista has been designed to *impinge* on
your rights.

Eg. MS talks of scalability of windows and how Linux
> is inferior to its OS etc. But who listens to their
> sponsered reviews and surveys? Cos they have lost
> their credentials.

No harm in calling a spade a spade.  Microsoft and its channel partners are
marketing Vista as if it were the best thing after sliced bread.  Sony
laptops come preloaded with it.  Do you have a say?  It is a drag on
hardware and hard-earned money.

I only hope that fsf does not do harm to OSS with
> SCOish arguments and claims.

This argument is made by FSF opponents and rms detractors who otherwise
support the open source initiative and is purely a misinformed / motivated
political viewpoint.  However, we must understand that F/OSS owes so much to
rms and the FSF.  Those that don't like FSF philosophy may well use BSD or
public domain software.