[PLUG] [ot] make free - ruin the country.

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:26:05 IST 2007

On 4/26/07, A G <subscrive at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> http://www.rediff.com/money/2007/apr/26broad.htm
> this is same as providing free electricty to farmers and tvs in some south
> indian state after the election.
>
> depending on the market condition, keeping low rates - eg Rs100/month
> unlimited, decent speed is nice. (100 is top of the head fig I wrote).
> But free?

I understand you view point, but don't worry too much about it.

Politicians are known for making big statements. You are not supposed to
take it to your heart.
I had read the announcement of BSNL providing broadband in early 2004. I'm
still waiting :) I know, few people (30,000) in Pune have BSNL provided
broadband, but compared to Pune's population, what % is that ?
We also read about (and by now forgotten) BSNL providing "triple play"
service.
Is anyone on this list lucky enough to be actually using it ?

Anyone remember, by what time is Pune going to have wireless broadband ?
Probably by end of this year ? We'll see.

The point is, this is just an announcement. Don't worry too much about it
becoming a reality :)

-DP

--
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/