[PLUG] Re: HELP FOR BE PROJECT

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 19:31:34 IST 2007

Hi all,
       First of all I should congratulate Rohan for giving you some
pretty useful links/ideas, here's one more how about adding Rediff BOL
support to pidgin, so that pidgin can talk to rediff chat client. I do
not know of any client which works with rediff chat in linux.  While
personally I don't use rediff but know many people who would give
pidgin a chance if it could talk to Rediff. In fact I made a ticket of
it http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/2402.
      I have no idea about how complex is it or what it would involve
but you could read up on http://developer.pidgin.im/ for starters.
There are also some bounties on pidgin if anybody is interested
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/IdeasForBounties.
There is also the #pidgin channel where lot of developers hang out so
if you want to chat with them, work out stuff they are pretty helpful.

So as Rohan stated earlier it really depends on where your interests
lie, there are tons of projects which could do with some love. for
e.g. http://www.nongnu.org/criawips/ is a dead project which
tried/tries to be a presentation tool. As of right now, there is only
Openoffice.org on the GNOME side of things, there is Kword though on
KDE which also reads the .odp format.

That's about it from me for now.

/me out ;)

--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17