[PLUG] Kingfisher - linux

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 21:06:04 IST 2007

On Dec 24, 2007 8:46 PM, Arun Khan <knura at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I do not think "strict norms" apply to inflight entertainment.  The PA
> system yes but not entertainment.
>
> Most times that I have flown on international routes, I have noticed
> that the in flight entertainment (when available) do not work on all
> stations (my bad luck 100%).  These were name brand airlines like
> United, American, Air India, Emirates ...

 Entertainment system not available could be due satellite signal
strength. Most of the content is delivered directly from some tv
satellite
 As for DO 178B certification, a software can be certified as "no
effect" or "minor". In such case rebooting of the system mid air is
absolutely allowed as long as the software is accompanied with a
"problem management tool".

regards
VK