[PLUG] I get grub error 17 with Grub legacy & hence wanna use GAGHi all,

shirish agarwal shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 13:14:40 IST 2007

 Hi all,
       I don't know whether it's a known issue or not but I have 2 hdd, one
a 160 GB HDD which has XP & stuff & one 80 GB which has XP & Ubuntu
6.10which has Grub
0.97 . The M/b is PI845GLM Kobian make having BIOS American Megatrends
Version 07.00T . This happens almost every few days, the normal way I use is
use the 160 GB hdd for a while let's say a week & then back to 80 GB, once u
get the error there is no way to get rid of.
         I know one way would be to use GAG but don't know how to do it
(GRUB in the first sector of the hdd) & use GAG to boot but don't know the
best way to do tht. I am running out of options & do really wanna work with
Ubuntu. Any ideas guys & in case if it's not mailing list material feel free
to contact me off-line. Thnx in advance :)

--
          Shirish Agarwal
  This work is licensed under the Creative Commons NonCommercial Sampling