[PLUG] some clarifications on GPL

Atul Nene atul.nene at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:13:54 IST 2007

> > Yes. In addition, if the person who downloads software provided under
> > GPL and makes any changes to the source code, then he should give back
> > those changes to the original owner.
>
> I believe the correct wording would be 'make the changes available to all the
> recipients of the modified software, irrespective of form of modified
> software, source/binary.'
>
> The changes does not need to go back to the owner. They should be available to
> the recipient of the modified software.

Thanks Sridhar for clarifying further. When I said 'give back to
owner', I meant 'give back to community' since, my understanding is
that GPLed software ceases to belong a person and starts belonging to
the community.

But then, I should have used that word and as Rahul suggests, I better
read up :)

Atul Nene (atul dot nene at gmail dot com)
http://www.atulnene.com