[PLUG] Fedora Core 4 on Intel 946GZ

Yogesh Hasabnis yhasabnis at rediffmail.com
Fri Jan 12 11:41:13 IST 2007

Hi,

I am struggling with the installation of Fedora Core 4 on an IBM ThinkCentre A55 machine. The machine uses Intel 946GZ chipset, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 and Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet card. The installation procedure fails to configure the X. It also fails to load the network card drivers(lspci shows the network card in it's output). Using the modprobe command to load the tg3 module doesn't help as well. The module gets loaded but the network card is not detected. Searched a lot on the internet, but none of the docs helped. Has anybody installed FC4 on such a machine?  Will the installation of FC5 help (I don't have the FC5 CDS though)?

Thanks In Advance

Yogesh