[PLUG] Setting up home web server using dataone MT841 modem

Vaibhav Kulkarni netvaibhav at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:53:48 IST 2007

On 1/12/07, Roy Francis <roy.franc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you please tell me how to set bridge mode? ( I'm still a beginner
> when it comes to networking :) )

Open your modem configuration web page. I think for the BSNL modems
the default is http://192.168.1.1 . It would ask for authentication
information. The default is username: admin, password: admin .
In the left hand pane go to "WAN Settings". There you should find the
setting for configuring the modem in either PPP mode or Bridge (PPPoE)
mode. Save the settings, which should restart the modem.

When the modem restarts, however, you will no longer be able to
"directly" connect to the internet. You need to set up PPPoE, and
provide your username and password. pppoeconf is the command to do
this. Use "pon dsl-provider" to connect, "poff" to disconnect.

Hope that helps.

--
Vaibhav