[PLUG] Setting up home web server using dataone MT841 modem

Roy Francis roy.franc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 17:57:22 IST 2007

On 1/12/07, Vaibhav Kulkarni <netvaibhav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Open your modem configuration web page. I think for the BSNL modems
> the default is http://192.168.1.1 . It would ask for authentication
> information. The default is username: admin, password: admin .
> In the left hand pane go to "WAN Settings". There you should find the
> setting for configuring the modem in either PPP mode or Bridge (PPPoE)
> mode. Save the settings, which should restart the modem.

Sorry, I can't find a way to set PPP mode. Here is the dump of the WAN
config page :
----------------------------------
 WAN Configurations

      No        VPI/VCI         Type            Default         Note
            _               _               _           Route       _

       PVC-0_     8 / 35    _   Bridged     _               _   Edit
       PVC-1_     0 / 100   _   Bridged     _               _   Edit
       PVC-2_     0 / 32    _   Bridged     _               _   Edit
       PVC-3_     8 / 81    _   Bridged     _               _   Edit
       PVC-4_     8 / 32    _   Bridged     _               _   Edit
       PVC-5_     14 / 24   _   Bridged     _               _   Edit
       PVC-6_     0 / 35    _   PPPoE       _   [check_ok]  _   Edit

  Specify following properties and click 'Apply' to commit.

      PVC-6:

      PPPoE properties:

            VPI/VCI:       [0    ] / [35   ]
            Encapsulation: (*)LLC        ( )VC-Muxed
            Default Route: (*)Enabled  ( )Disabled
            User Name:     [ ]
            Password :     [ ]
            Use DNS:       (*)Enabled  ( )Disabled