[PLUG] Free Softwares for School

श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Mon Jul 9 12:16:21 IST 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 11:32, Nishit Dave wrote:
> Still, my primary suggestion is to unequivocally suggest Edubuntu (or any
> of your favourite distributions having an education flavour, if you have a
> good point, but it will only fracture the original one).  It may have
> proprietary drivers, but at least IS Linux.  It should be a good start for

I never liked that move of ubuntu but I don't use it anyways. Note that binary
modules violates GPL/mark the kernel as tainted  and they are illegal.

> school students, who needn't be exposed to politics so early.  Let them
> choose gNewsense when they are able to decide for themselves.

I think otherwise. Sooner one learns about these things, better the rest of
the life is.

Importantly not many people understand/give a damn for licensing issues no
matter what age. That definitely is not a good sign..

 Shridhar