[PLUG] Fedora7 & Nvidia

Ranjit Bhonsle ranjya at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:30:11 IST 2007

> I would suggest disabling the driver and compiz and check if the other
> issues are related to that. If they aren't try and resolve the other
> issues independently. There are good reasons why Compiz isn't enabled by
> default in Fedora.
>
> Rahul
>
> Thanks for your reply.
I removed nvidia driver using yum.
I lost minimize/fullscreen/close on all windows.
I disabled compiz...did not work.
Re-installed fedora 7
This time went to livna repo and downloaded slightly older driver.
Installed all using rpm....i am more comfortable with rpm.
Log-out and try....no X....but fedora gave option to configure X.
Did just that. X started. Have not built courage to enable compiz yet.
Ranjit.