[PLUG] Re: Distros for a 1.66 GHZ, 128 MB RAM machine (Aneesh Mulye)

Udayraj udayrajb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:24:29 IST 2007

Hello Aneesh

So far, I've narrowed the selection down to Puppy Linux and Xubuntu. Does
> anyone have any experience with either? If so, which would be better
> suited
> to the given hardware?

I am using Xubuntu since few months, it works fine on my 256 MB/1.8 Gz
laptop [ except 3D accleration because of SiS card].

If you looking for a still lighter linux, with all
media/office/internet/drivers you may try Zenwalk [ http://www.zenwalk.org ]

OR
Dreamlinux [http://www.dreamlinux.com.br/english/index.html] .

Zenwalk is Slackware based, and Dreamlinux is Debian based.

The good thing about both of them is that they run XFCE desktop, and support
all media types. [Dreamlinux has Mac OSX like look and is very hard to
configure it back to linux look]

Regards & Good Luck

Udayraj V. Bal