[PLUG] Why not Xubuntu! AKA: Re: Distros for a 1.66 GHZ, 128 MB RAM machine

Ameet Gholap amitrgholap at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 16:46:46 IST 2007

2007/7/20, Udayraj <udayrajb at gmail.com>:

> > Thus I think any distro with xfce would do.
> > So then better to go for distro with large developer and community base.
> > So I recommend xubuntu.
> >

> Xubuntu does not support all media types that's why I suggested Zenwalk or
> Dreamlinux. My personal choice is xubuntu though.

I havent used the latest xubuntu. But I guess they have a feature like
windows, wherein if the condex is not present, it connects to the net and
installed the proper codex.

Also I feel that the user should take into account the strength of the
distro - ie the distro should be present say after 3 years or 5 years...
Xubuntu is in a better posistion of being sustained longer than the other
two.

A question:
Out of the 3 distros, which has the maximum softwares in its repo?
Above also should be considered.

--
~A.
http://plm.3ds.com/