[PLUG] Hathway Internet On Fedora Core 6 Linux

Shantanoo Mahajan shantanoo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 01:37:27 IST 2007

On 27-Jul-07, at 10:54 AM, Nishant Shrivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have recently installed Fedore Core 6 on my system. I am having
> Hathway Broadband Cable Internet Connection. They have given me a
> static IP , Netmask , Gateway and DNS IPs. I just have to plug in
> the LAN cable in the NIC card of my notebook and after putting the
> IP configuration it works fine on Windows OS but when i am doing the
> same on Linux OS , its not working. I have used GNOME GUI and even
> ifconfig command also but nothing seems to work. Kindly help me.

# ifconfig <device> down
# ifconfig <device> up
# route delete default
# route add default gw <gateway>
# cp /etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf.orig
# echo "nameserver <dns server>" > /etc/resolv.conf
# echo "nameserver <other dns server>" >> /etc/resolv.conf
# host freebsd.org
# ping -c 4 freebsd.org

Please check the man page if you face any syntax error with the command.

regards,
shantanoo