[PLUG] Sound card problem on FC3

Yogesh Hasabnis yhasabnis at rediffmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:53:43 IST 2007

Hi All,

I am struggling with the installation of a sound card that comes in-built  with a Lenovo desktop. The machine is configured for dual-boot with WinXP/FC3. The sound card identifies itself as "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio" in WinXP. After searching on the net I found that I need to load the "snd_hda_intel" module for enabling the card in Linux. But this module doesn't seem to beavailable for the kernel that comes with FC3.

Can anybody kindly suggest as to what can be done to resolve this problem?

Thanks In Advance

Yogesh