[PLUG] Sound card problem on FC3

urwithsughosh at gmail.com urwithsughosh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:06:01 IST 2007

Hi,

> The sound card identifies itself as "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio" in WinXP.
> After searching on the net I found that I need to load the
> "snd_hda_intel" module for enabling the card in Linux.

 If the chipset in the sound card is supported by the snd_hda_intel
 driver,you need to download the driver code from the Alsa site,build
 it against the kernel you are using and do a alsaconfig.This should
 get the sound card up and running.This might help in building.

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Intel&card=ICH+southbridge+HD-audio+and+modem.&chip=ICH6%2C+ICH6M%2C+ICH7%2C+ESB2&module=hda-intel

--
sughosh