[PLUG] internet on FC2

Robin Panwala robin.panwala at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 10:22:06 IST 2007

Hi,

I have an Intel Pro/Wireless 2200 BG adapter on my IBM thinkpad R51.

After installing the firmware and the source for the above adapter (ipw2200), I was able to activate the wireless connection on my FC2.

I am using static IP with manual settings for subnet mask, default gateway & Primary DNS.

My router's default gateway in this case is 192.168.0.1.

i've tried following commands from the shell prompt:

#iwconfig eth1 essid [name of my SSID] key open [encryption key]

#ifconfig eth1 [IP add] up
#route add default gw 192.168.0.1

On typing,
 #iwconfig eth1

I observed the correct details of the wireless connection .

Also, the command system-config-network I could observe that the wireless connection is activated, but I'm unable to ping to my gateway address.

Can anyone suggest on how to resolve the issue and get the internet running on FC2?

Thanks,

Robin