Network problems (was Re: [PLUG] Re: GNU India on the Microsoft scourge in Government)

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 23:14:58 IST 2007

On 3/23/07, sco1984 at gmail.com <sco1984 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Problem is simple "The Firewall" & "DNS". Add DNS suffix in FC 6 and
> try again. Or specify correct DNS addresses.
> By default Firewall options are disabled in "Knoppix 5.1". So even you can
> connect to wireless network.

Can you please explain it more clearly and in detail?  I use a Netgear DG632
modem/router with BSNL Dataone.  The router is configured to connect
automatically using my userID / password, and it assigns IP address
dynamically to my desktop.  Therefore, the network connection does not need
to have any configuration details.  Do I need to specify the DNS manually
for my default connection on eth0?

I had also tried disabling SELinux completely, but that didn't help.  Please
explain what you meant in your first two lines above.

Thanks in advance.