[PLUG] [COMMERCIAL] Opening for GTK / PHP

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 11:45:40 IST 2007

Hi,

--- Sharninder <sharninder at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I have heard that it
> is hard to find PHP-only developers as people tend

There are quite a lot of freelancers doing this kind
of work.

> to move ahead to Java for
> career advancement,

This is only amongst so-called "engineering students",
who have no exposure to Free/Libre/Open Source.

But, from the FLOSS work done in India so far, things
are changing.

> extent) that companies working in php are mostly
> developing websites for small clients and don't pay
> as
> good as companies making enterprise applications.

It depends on the company.

> The
> concept of enterprise class applications developed
> in
> php hasn't yet reached India, IMHO.

There are, but, not widely advertised.

1. There is Mehta Nursing Home (hospital) in Chennai
that use PHP on GNU/Linux for their complete hospital
management system.

2. Lantern Technologies:
http://www.lanterntechnologies.com/

3. SongBird Technologies:
http://www.songbirdtech.com/

4. Rknowsys:
http://www.rknowsys.com/

5. Azri Solutions:
http://www.azri.biz/careers.htm

6. Check my /recruits for other companies as well:
http://www.shakthimaan.com/recruits.html

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan