[PLUG] dell 1390 wireless with mandriva..

guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:37:22 IST 2007

Thanks but ...

I want to use it Mandriva 2007.  I am unable to use it even with
ndiswrapper that came with distribution.  I got barenobe laptop on
which I installed Mandriva so I am just wondering if I need to first
write firmware to the card.  One site mentions that firmware needs to
be first written to the chip before one can use the wireless card.

Kernel is 2.6.17-5 that ships with Mandriva.

I did not find bcm43xx module loaded.  Ndiswrapper got installed
during system install.  Ubuntu would be good but I am on Mandriva for
a reason that everything except wireless seems to work alright out of
the box. Do not want to switch only for this reason.

Laptop is Dell inspiron 1501.  Oh..., I got modem to work since it has
connexant chipset.  If I can get wireless to work that would be like
100% self satisfaction guaranteed :-)