[PLUG] [Jobs]Data Systems Engineers- Linux/Postgres @Efficient Frontier

Gourav Shah gouravshah at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 24 12:13:13 IST 2007

Efficient Frontier is looking for dynamic individuals who want to be part of building solutions that change the economics of online marketing. As part of Efficient Frontier's world-class team, you will have the opportunity to be a part of a private company and work in a fast-paced, rewarding environment, addressing a red-hot market.

Our products and services rely on patent-pending portfolio management algorithms to deliver search engine marketing solutions to some of the world's largest online advertisers.
Efficient Frontier, India is located at Chennai. Our India office is growing fast and attracting the best talent in India. Our compensation is top-notch, we work with the latest open source technologies. All employees get opportunities to travel to our office locations worldwide.

Data Systems  Engineers  - Linux/Postgres  (4 positions)
We are looking for  talented Data Systems Engineers to be part of our fast-paced Operations team.

Responsibilities:

-Monitor and maintain production infrastructure as part of the 24/7 on-call team
-Troubleshoot product and customer issues related to the data in our system
-Find out problems with our systems data and escalate it to appropriate parties and get it fixed
-Help in guaranteeing SLA's to clients on the data delivery of our system

Qualifications:

-Strong knowledge of Linux including configuration, shell, file system, cron, etc. a must.
-1+ years of  programming/scripting experience in Python or similar language a plus
-1+ years of SQL and database design experience highly preferred
-Strong knowledge of Internet and Web technologies (HTML, DNS, HTTP, cookies, email, web servers, etc.) a must.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills & troubleshooting skills
-Strong work ethic including teamwork, initiative, flexibility, and reliability
-Prior experience being on call 24/7 supporting a hosting environment
-Must be willing to work in shifts
-Bachelors in computer related field a must

Visit us at: http://www.efrontier.com

Interested candidates please send your resumes at:  jobs-india at efrontier.com  with subject title  "OPS:Data Systems  Engineers"