[PLUG] Tata Indicom Broadband with WRT54G

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Sun May 27 13:26:04 IST 2007

Seemingly peculiar issues with Tata Indicom / VSNL broadband don't seem to
end.

As was discussed on this list also, users of Metro Ethernet connection from
this ISP would know that it requires setting up a property "Access
Concentrator Name" or ACNAME to get it working.

Unfortunately Linksys wireless router WRT54G which I purchased doesn't seem to
provide a way to set this option. I also tried to find if there are any text
files where such settings could be made by ftping to the router but there are
only binary files out there.

Also looked for firmware upgrade. But surprisingly the h/w version 7 which I
happen to have got is not there in their list at all. (Everything from 1.0 to
6.0 is there and then there is directly 8.0).

Anyway given the peculiar nature of this problem with VSNL, I am not hoping a
f/w upgrade to solve it.

Would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks.
Mayuresh.