[PLUG] Configuring Iqara broadband on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Anant Nitya ananitya at prachanda.info
Mon May 28 17:26:56 IST 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007 15:08:20 Parag Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure my broadband (Iqara ) on Ubuntu - Feisty Fawn.
>
> I was able to setup /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider using pppoeconf. However,
> when I try to connect to Iqara using
> "pon dsl-provider"
> I get an authentication failure I have verified the username and password
> (by changing settings in options to actually show the username and password
> in the log file), and they are correct. The authentication mechanism being
> used is PAP.
>
> Has anyone come accross this problem? Any pointers will be very helpfull.

Given the fact most of the providers using CHAP rather PAP by default, how
about enforcing CHAP at your end PPPD options. Besides that, you could also
increase the verbosity of PPPD as well as provide options to log all the
details somewhere and then can see what problem is there.

Please read __ man pppd __ to see how to make PPPD be more verbose as well as
to log to a specific file.

Regards
Ananitya

--
As a lamp in a windless place does not waver, so the transcendentalist,
whose mind is illuminated in self, remains always steady in meditation