[PLUG] Tata Indicom Broadband with WRT54G

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Mon May 28 19:44:27 IST 2007

> Case 1:
> ISP Line -> some equipment -> Linksys Router -> Clients
>
> or
> Case 2:
> ISP Line -> Linksys Router -> clients
>
> Case 1 & Case 2:
> You cannot do away with the equipment provided by the ISP, just have

That's precisely the point about Metro Ethernet. There is no ISP supplied
equipment whatsoever. A LAN cable comes in from the window in your house
which you simply connect to the LAN port - just like a telephone landline.
(They must be having some common switch etc for a no of users in a given area
and keeping it somewhere. User doesn't even has to know that.)

> the router configured the same way u have configured ur PC. Even on u
> r PC u cannot configure the ACNAME thing through the regular network
> options.

I don't know what you mean by that. There is ACNAME field in network
configuration tool (system-config-network in my case) or in the network
configuration scripts under /etc. I have to put the ACNAME found using
pppoe-discovery there for connection to work.

Thanks.
Mayuresh.