[PLUG] DVD to cds conversion

ಓಂ guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:06:01 IST 2007

price differential will be a criterion when one is thinking of buying new drive.

what about people who already have crdom readers  unless there is a
software or configuration whereby one could rip 4 or 6-7 CDs out of 1
dvd (or something similar) all those drives are going to add to waste.
 one of the strengths of Linux is that it is not resource hungry and
can run on slower old machines.  So I thought this kind of utility or
tool or such provisioning by distributions will make more robust
sense.

copying DVD to and carrying HD is out of question... for the same reasons

unless such things are thought of by people devising software
solutions we all could be creating (or helping create) lot of e-waste
and polluting environment.

all of which, of-course some could argue, is off-topic :-)