[PLUG] Announcing the release of Fedora 8 (Werewolf)

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 10:12:09 IST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 11:29 PM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Go grab it

I booted the gnome live CD on my tablet this morning and it looks
encouraging! I don't know if it's Fedora or the newer .23 kernel but
laptop buttons and sound work better than openSUSE 10.3 or Ubuntu
7.10. Sound only worked on them after installing and changing some
module parameter, and my wireless card only worked with ndiswrapper
tinkering, even after that network manager ain't so reliable... Ubuntu
required adding the "noapic" boot option to work, not so for openSUSE
or Fedora...

So I'll install F8 today and hope that I can get wireless and my
touchscreen working better here :-) I hope the fingerprint reader
(AuthenTec AES1610) support improves in 6 months... The infinity
artwork is nice although I don't care for the nodoka theme, preferred
the old clearlooks much better...

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."