[PLUG] Announcing the release of Fedora 8 (Werewolf)

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 19:30:57 IST 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 10:37 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Right. There was some work on this. Good to know it paid off well. Refer
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/ReleaseSummary
>
> Esp the laptop section.

No go, I failed to get wireless working (Broadcom bcm 4321) so I'm now
trying Ubuntu, failing which, it's back to openSUSE for me...

Strangely, both Ubuntu and Fedora are showing me the model as 4312 and
not 4321 which openSUSE's lspci (and MS Vista) shows... in any case, I
see that the kernel 2.6.24-rc1 and on will have a free "b43" driver,
it'll just be a matter of getting the right firmware I guess...

Oh well, I'll wait for the next round of distro releases in Apr/May
before testing/installing all three again...

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."