[PLUG] [OT] Laptop repair shops?

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 21:27:51 IST 2007

Hello PLUG,

Can you recommend laptop repair shop(s) which can fix faulty ("loose")
RAM slots on an old model?

I have a 2002 model Sony VAIO PCG-GRX 560 laptop with two 256mb RAM
chips, one of which isn't detected on boot unless I press down on the
thing!

I'd like to get this fixed so I can have the full 512mb RAM with which
I plan to try to triple-boot OpenSuse, Fedora and Ubuntu (and maybe
squeeze in FreeBSD/OpenBSD) development/beta versions for fun and
non-profit :-)

Thanks!
Vishal

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."