[PLUG] Announcing Fedora 8 Test 3 (7.92)!

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Oct 6 19:24:42 IST 2007

--- Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> The desktop effects is actually the other way
> around. Fedora created the
> option first in Fedora Core 6 and it got adopted by
> other distributions
> later on.

During my test of this distro on a Pentium IV 1.7 GHz,
256 MB RAM, SiS 650 video card, it took a lot of time
for the desktop to be up and running. More than 8
minutes  totally. However, I still couldn't see the
desktop and ended it forcefully. Does that mean,
atleast 512 MB of RAM would be required to boot
easily?

I could however, boot it using a machine which had
Core Duo, Intel 945 GL, 1 GB RAM and run beryl
smoothly.

(Release notes didn't include minimum system requirements).

--
http://www.gnu.org.in
http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc

      Flying to Bangalore or Bhopal? Search for tickets at http://in.farechase.yahoo.com