[PLUG] Need help to install Gcompris games in govt firm [URGENT]

ritz khadgaray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 14:50:39 IST 2007

Hello Anand

  Try obtain gcompris from CentOS4 repos[1]. This will be old.

 Personally, Stick with Fedora or use RHEL5. gcompris on RHEL5 can be
installed from FC6 repo.

[1]ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.1EL/i386/CentOS/RPMS/gcompris-6.3-4.k12ltsp.0.4.2.i386.rpm

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 21:38 -0700, Anand Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are very glad to inform you that we have started
> training at ESI, a central govt. company. The training
> will be on the subject "Open Office and Linux". Around
> 200 govt employees will be trained on the open source
> platform.
>
> But we are facing some difficulty. We want to install
> Gcompris games (http://gcompris.net) on Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux 4.0 workstation. We tried our best
> but falled into the mess of dependencies.
>
> It is highly essential to install these games. Can
games, and highly essential ? sounds odd.

> someone help us out? Can some body come to ESI
> Bibwewadi office for some time and install those
> games?
>
> We have got internet access and latest branded
> computers.
>
> Kindly help us out.
>
> Waiting for the early reply.
>
> Warm Regards,